38th GST Council Meeting Updates
- The due date for filing of Form GSTR – 9 and GSTR – 9C for FY 2017-18 extended to 31st Jan 2020.
- Grievance Redressal Committee to be set up at State / Zonal level with representation from Department officers and members from Trade and Industry.
- Input tax credit restriction has been reduced to 10% from 20% in the case of invoices and debit notes not reflected in GSTR – 2A
- Due Date for filing of GSTR Returns for North East to be extended for Nov 2019.
- Lotteries to be taxed at 28% on both State Run and authorized by the State
- GST to be exempted on long term lease on industrial plots industrial/ financial infrastructure plots by an entity having 20% or more ownership of Central or State Government. Presently, the exemption is available to an entity having 50% or more ownership of the Central or the State Government.
- GST Rate of 18% is decided on Woven and Non-Woven Bags and sacks of polyethylene or polypropylene strips or the like, whether or not laminated, of a kind used for the packing of goods having HSN Code 3923/6305.